[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Fresh install of Evergreen 3.4 assistance

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Mon Jan 6 13:49:28 EST 2020

On 1/6/20 1:23 PM, JonGeorg SageLibrary wrote:
> When I attempt to log into the database with "psql -U evergreen
> evergreen" as configured I get a FATAL peer authentication error -
> however if I login as "psql -U evergreen -h 127.0.0.1 evergreen" it
> works... The pg_hba.conf file has "local all postgres md5" - I even
> tried setting it to trust, running alter password, restarting postgres,
> switching it to md5, restarting postgres again, and same error. Ideas?
> Is this an error that matters for a test server and would affect the web
> client?

In /etc/postgresql/9.6/main/postgresql.conf the listen_addresses
directive defaults to loclhost, which is 127.0.0.1 or ::1.  You should
change it to '*' so PostgreSQL will listen on all addresses.

You can also just add whatever local IP address you want PostgreSQL to
accept connection on if your host has more than 1.

HtH,
Jason