[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 2019 new Evergreen Libraries

Linda Jansova skolkova at chello.cz
Fri Jan 17 00:43:34 EST 2020

Hi Rogan,

I hope it's not too late by now but I'll try anyway:

In 2019 our Evergreen Common Catalog welcomed three new member libraries:

  * Varianty Educational Programme Library - this library started using
    Evergreen as its first ever ILS. The educational programme is
    operated by a Czech nonprofit organization People in Need, widely
    known for its humanitarian work in a number of countries around the
    world. The library has about 5,000 volumes.
  * Evangelical Theological Seminary Library - this library previously
    used its own Evergreen installation but switched to using Evergreen
    in the Common Catalog format in 2019. The library is operated by a
    vocational school focusing on theology, social and pastoral work. It
    has about 17,000 volumes.
  * Montessori Library - this library started using Evergreen as its
    first ever ILS. The library is operated by a Czech nonprofit
    organization Montessori Czech Republic which focuses on promoting
    and supporting Montessori method of education. It has about 2,000
    volumes.

The Common Catalog is described in detail in the 2015 community annual
report:
https://evergreen-ils.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Evergreen%20Annual%20Report%202015%20Max%20Resolution.pdf.
Currently, it serves as a shared Evergreen installation for seven
independent libraries based in the Czech Republic.

Also in 2019, the Security Services Archive Library started using
Evergreen by joining an installation operated by the Institute for the
Study of Totalitarian Regimes, thus creating a second cluster of
Evergreen libraries in the Czech Republic. The Security Services Archive
Library - as its name suggests - is operated by the Security Services
Archive. This archive is a governmental organization which focuses on
archival materials resulting from the security services activities
during the communist era. It has about 4,000 volumes.

Thank you in advance for including some of the above mentioned
information in the annual report!

Linda