[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Allowing Patrons to Suspend Arrived Holds

Chauncey chauncey at yourcl.org
Fri Jan 17 11:13:31 EST 2020

Before we went any further, I am curious if there is a permission in Evergreen that would allow patrons to suspend arrived holds? If so, is there any concern about implementing it?  In other words, does it negatively affect other aspects of holds?

We would like to allow patrons to suspend arrived holds, so if a hold arrived when a patron is not ready for it, he or she could easily suspend it and allow it to go to the next patron.  Later, when he or she was ready for it, the hold could then be re-activated.

Staff can obviously do this now, but we'd like to give patrons the ability to do it themselves, if possible.

Any information is appreciated.
Thanks.
CM
--