[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Custom column configuration

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 15:19:08 EST 2020

Hi Beth,

Yes, this is possible (with caveats).  It's still a manual process,
though.

The gist is this:

1. Create a config.org_unit_setting_type which has the same values as the
config.workstation_type you want to replace.

2. Populate the actor.org_unit_setting for the new org unit setting from
one of the matching actor.workstation_setting rows.  (Presumably you have
one that does what you want).

3 Optional: If you want to prevent users from overriding the org unit
setting by applying their own workstation setting values, delete all
actor.workstation_setting rows and the config.workstation_type  for the
replaced setting.

The main caveat is if you perform step 3, then you are forcing /all/ org
units to rely on an org unit setting value, because you are globally
removing the workstation setting.

-b