[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Conditional hold notification messages

Morgan, Michele mmorgan at noblenet.org
Fri Jul 10 15:53:21 EDT 2020

Hi Beth,

We have done this for overdue notices but not hold pickup notices. The
setup should be similar, though.

For hold notices, we have done what Terran suggests, cloning the action
trigger so there is one for each library. We did this mostly because
libraries have different start dates for services. One thing to know if you
clone email triggers, they need to have the check_email_notify parameter,
which doesn't get copied automatically when cloning.

Here is an example of conditional logic for our overdue notices from a
presentation I did at the Evergreen Online Conference:

[%- IF target.0.circ_lib.parent_ou.id == 58 -%]

The following item(s) are fourteen days overdue. Please return the item
below as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about the
overdue material do not hesitate to contact the library directly. Thank
you!

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or sign up for RPL News email alerts.
[%- ELSIF target.0.circ_lib.parent_ou.id == 67 -%]

Our records show that the following items are overdue. Please call for
renewal or return as soon as possible.
[%- ELSE -%]

Our records indicate the following items are 14 days overdue. Please return
them as soon as possible. Please call the library if you have any questions
about this notice.  Thank you.

[%- END -%]

I haven't tested this, but for hold notices, I think the IF would need to
be  [%- IF hold.pickup_lib == <org unit id> -%]

If you are interested, here is the link to the full presentation from the
2020 online conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptdKkeGuBU&list=PLsktT5b82paWzb6R_C_0pJ4pf_eo9xOGJ&index=17&t=0s

Hope this is helpful,
Michele

--
Michele M. Morgan, Technical Support Analyst
North of Boston Library Exchange, Danvers Massachusetts
mmorgan at noblenet.org