[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Scannable barcode font in web client receipts

Floyd, Angelia Lynn LFloyd1 at library.IN.gov
Tue Jun 9 12:07:15 EDT 2020

There are a couple of things to remember about printing barcodes on receipts.  All printed barcodes have start and stop digits.  These digits are not part of the number but must be part of the printed barcode. Printing barcodes will not work with out them.

The other major thing is that the barcode font you are using will need to be added on every computer that you are printing them at.  OR the receipt printer cannot translate the barcode.

In the example above I use the font: CodabarMedium,  and you will notice the “B” and “D” around the Patron’s barcode.

-----------------------------
Lynn Floyd
MIS Supervisor
Indiana State Library
317-232-3290
lfloyd1 at library.in.gov<mailto:lfloyd1 at library.in.gov>

From: Open-ils-general <open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org> On Behalf Of Lindsay Stratton
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 10:04 AM
To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Scannable barcode font in web client receipts

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Good morning,

Is anybody using scannable barcodes in receipts in the web client?

I had been using them in the past (XUL client) but after upgrading to the web client, creating new receipt templates did not seem to work. Currently running 3.4.

There is interest in scannable barcodes to streamline contactless pick up services.

Thanks!

Lindsay

Lindsay Stratton
Systems Librarian