[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds / Circulation question

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Wed Mar 4 09:18:28 EST 2020

Stuart,

The "circulation library" is the library that owns the material.  This doesn't change (unless someone cedes ownership).  The "checkout/renew library" is the library that is circulating that item at any given moment.  The labeling for libraries is confusing.

Ruth Frasur
Evergreen Development and Support Administrator
Indiana State Library
140 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 460-7556

From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Forrest, Stuart
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 9:04 AM
To: Group, Evergreen <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Holds / Circulation question

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Hi

This may sound a simple question to some, but my brain seems unwilling to compute!

So if a book that has been placed on hold that has a Circulating Library of 'LibraryA' is then transitted to 'LibraryB' where the hold is being fulfilled. Does the circulating library temporarily change to 'LibraryB' so that library gets the circulation? I'm thinking of circ reports now. Or would it be better to use Checkout Library instead to capture all circulations at 'LibraryB'

Hopes this makes sense to someone as I am not quite understanding it.

Thanks
Much
Stuart

Stuart Forrest, Library IT Manager/Analyst Beaufort County Library System
311 Scott Street, Beaufort, SC 29902
843 255 6450
sforrest at bcgov.net<mailto:sforrest at bcgov.net>
beaufortcountylibrary.org