[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Evergreen 3.5 Beta1 released

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:02:19 EST 2020

Hi All,

I'm proud to announce the first Beta release of Evergreen 3.5.  Files,
changelogs, and release notes are available on the Evergreen downloads page:

https://evergreen-ils.org/egdownloads/

Some feature highlights for the release:

* PostgreSQL 10 support
* New Action/Trigger reactor for patron self-registration events.
* Ability to update notification preferences for existing holds
* SIP2 options to improve Hoopla integration
* Various additions to the experimental Angular staff catalog.
** New MARC Edit interface
** Patron View tab in the record detail page
** New Call Number Browse, including record-specific entry point.
** Patron Search option during holds placement
** Search Results Highlighting
** Catalog Preferences Page

Over the next few weeks we'll be testing the Beta release, including a Bug
Squashing Week starting the 16th, in preparation for the general release.

Special thanks to my co-RM Chris Sharp, Dan Wells for the release assist,
Terran McCanna for leading our feedback fest, and everyone who
contributed to this release!

-b