[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hack-A-Way 2020

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Wed May 6 11:44:04 EDT 2020

Rogan,

You know I’m definitely one of those people that loves all things “in-person.”  That said, with so many unknowns right now in terms of what the society landscape will look like in 3-6 months, I agree with the idea of having an online hackaway for 2020.

Ruth Frasur
Evergreen Support and Development Administrator
Indiana State Library
140 N Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN  46204
(317) 460-7556

From: Open-ils-general [mailto:open-ils-general-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Gagnon, Ron
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:56 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Hack-A-Way 2020

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
Rogan and all,
While it may lack some of the conviviality, having an online-focused Hack-A-Way would open it up to more participants which could be a great benefit.

I know the in-person meetings have tried to have an online component, but it sometimes seemed an afterthought, difficult to hear and follow.  We have not sent staff to the Hack-A-Ways but have people very interested in the discussions and the work in progress.  An online version could give them more of a seat at the table.

The online Hack-A-Way will benefit from our experience with the online conference this spring and we can reevaluate when and if life returns to normal.

Ron