[Board] monthly outreach report

rogan.hamby at gmail.com rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:10:34 EDT 2019

Contributor of the month for July was Jason Stephenson.

Debbie formally reported on the Summer ALA meetup.  Due to complications
with AV equipment we will probably forego AV setups in the future in favor
of more speaking and panel discussions.  We will also start planning a bit
sooner.

An early version of Meg Stroup's interview video is available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2csxe9yii7oi6m4/Meg%20Stroup%20Full%201.mp4?dl=0

Corrections are still in order but was well received by the outreach team
members that reviewed it.  Fixes and social media is tentatively in the
queue for September along with preparation of the next video.

We've had several members step down recently due to conflicts in their
schedule, so if anyone would like to join the Outreach committee,
especially someone who wants to take the reins on social media, we would
welcome you!

Once arrangements are solid with the new non-profit we are looking at
reviving the idea of an order on demand storefront, via Redbubble instead
Zazzle.  Redbubble ethically sources their materials and allows us to set a
much cheaper price than Zazzle did, thus addressing the primary complaint
it had as a community resource.