[Board] Outreach report

rogan.hamby at gmail.com rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 12:06:37 EDT 2019

In my ongoing attempt to not copy paste text dumps into IRC here is the
June Outreach report for the board.

Mary Llewellyn was the May Contributor of the Month.  June's is in progress
now.  We are always looking for fresh candidates.

Press releases have had a brief hiatus due to scheduling conflicts (namely
that no more than 24 hours will fit into a day, the first law of
conservation of time).  We will resume in July with several in the pipeline
regarding the board elections, contributors and core committers.

Mere days from now the ALA Meetup, "Free Kittens and Beer: Open Source and
Why It Works"will be at 2:30 on Saturday at the Washington Convention
Center, 148.  Anyone attending is encouraged to use the #evgils hashtag.
Also, if anyone has pictures please post them or send them to me and I'll
be glad to.  Quite a few people have marked it as of interest on the ALA
scheduler so we have hopes of a good turnout.

Social media is proceeding and slowly building steam.

We are beginning to have conversations with the 2020 conference folks about
including a registration option for a conference t-shirt.  This will be
handled like the 2018 ones were where it is paid in advance and no risk of
over ordering.

We are starting to put together a budget for the coming year and anticipate
it looking very similar to past year budgets though with more restrained
goals in terms of merchandising.  Some of those funds are likely to shift
to other community functions like re-writeable "ask me about" buttons for
events.  However, for those who like the Evergreen swag, it is not going
away entirely.  As dust settles from the transition I would appreciate some
forewarning of when the board needs the new budget by.