[Board] 2021 Online Conference

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Fri Dec 4 17:11:50 EST 2020

Hi TEP Board,

On behalf of the 2021 Online Conference committee, I wanted to give you all
a summary of the first meeting we had today.

We have chosen the week of May 24th 2021 for the conference, with
preconferences planned for Monday and general sessions in two tracks
planned for Tuesday-Thursday. To accommodate both east and west coast times
we're planning to have content running from approximately 11am - 5pm ET
(8am - 2pm PT).

The conference theme will be "Vital libraries, healthy Evergreen" and we
will be looking into logo designers soon.

We will also be putting together a budget and sponsorship package for the
board to review, no later than the January TEP Board meeting (and earlier
by email if possible). Consensus among the committee was to charge a
nominal attendance fee, with an additional fee for preconferences.

Several other items underway include researching potential keynote
speakers, setting up a conference page on the community website, and
soliciting price quotes for two online platforms, HopIn (used for the
Hackaway) and PheedLoop (used for the PaLA conference).

We plan to send a "save the date" email to the general community next week.

Thanks,
Andrea

--
Andrea Buntz Neiman
Project Manager for Software Development
abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) x5583
*www.equinoxinitiative.org <http://www.equinoxinitiative.org>*