[Board] Conference cancellation?

Chris Sharp csharp at georgialibraries.org
Thu Mar 12 11:53:24 EDT 2020

I'm not part of either of the conference committees involved, but I don't
see a way we can responsibly move forward on the conference.  I say this
with deep concern for all the stakeholders and great personal
disappointment.  I have a feeling we will probably see further travel
restrictions between now and then and even if we go forward, a large
contingency of our attendees would either opt-out of going or be forced not
to go.  I have grave concerns about the financial impact of this on the
project, so I'm very interested to learn more details.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 11:47 AM Goben, Anna <AGoben at library.in.gov> wrote:

> Good morning,
>

> The Conference Committee has conferred and has recommended cancelling the
> 2020 Evergreen conference given the state of travel in GA right now.  They
> have requested that the board discuss the matter and provide a final
> decision.  Requests have further been made for legal review about the
> obligations currently under contracted for this event.   If no decision is
> made before then, I anticipate we’ll undergo a formal vote on the matter at
> our meeting next week so that we can minimize the fiscal damage to any
> parties involved should the final decision be to cancel.
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Anna
>

> Anna Goben
>
> Evergreen Indiana Coordinator
>
> Indiana State Library
>
> 140 N Senate Ave
>
> Indianapolis, IN 46204
>
> 317-234-6624
>
> Fax: 317-232-1925

Chris Sharp, PINES System Administrator

​Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7147 | csharp at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.