[Board] Conference cancellation?

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Mar 12 13:23:23 EDT 2020

Hi,

I agree that we should be prepared to cancel the conference, and given
developments in Georgia (including the first reported death today) agree
that it is a matter of urgent discussion.

Hopefully we will get favorable news from discussions with the insurance
provider and counsel regarding our ability to manage financial liability,
but I think we are at the point where protecting the health of attendees
and anybody who might come in contact with them would take precedence.

As Chris suggests, I do think we should be aware of creative options
including:

- postponing the Georgia conference to later this year or to 2021
- hosting an online-only version of the conference this spring if we
postpone or cancel

Regards,

Galen

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 11:47 AM Goben, Anna <AGoben at library.in.gov> wrote:

> Good morning,
>

> The Conference Committee has conferred and has recommended cancelling the
> 2020 Evergreen conference given the state of travel in GA right now.  They
> have requested that the board discuss the matter and provide a final
> decision.  Requests have further been made for legal review about the
> obligations currently under contracted for this event.   If no decision is
> made before then, I anticipate we’ll undergo a formal vote on the matter at
> our meeting next week so that we can minimize the fiscal damage to any
> parties involved should the final decision be to cancel.
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Anna
>

> Anna Goben
>
> Evergreen Indiana Coordinator