[Board] 2020-10-15 Treasurer's Report

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Oct 15 10:56:26 EDT 2020

Hi,

Here is my report for today's meeting:

Summary of My Activities

As a side note, official treasury correspondence can (and should) be sent
to treasurer at evergreen-ils.org.

- Set up a PayPal account on behalf of TEP. I have applied for recognition
by PayPal as a certified charity, which will lower our transaction fees,
and am waiting to hear back regarding our application.

- Created a PayPal donation form and added a link to it in the footer of
the project website.

- Started a donations tracking spreadsheet

- Sent a request to MOBIUS to initiate transferring TEP's QuickBooks
account over to TEP. I also requested that MOBIUS invoice us for any
outstanding professional services fees due them.

- Submitted our grant report to the Software Freedom Conservancy. In that
same email, I also requested that the process be started to transfer
project assets to TEP now that we have 501(c)3 status. I have not yet heard
back from them.

- Prepared the 990-EZ and related schedules. I would like to file this
today after the meeting.

Donations
-------------------
As of 10:15 a.m. ET today, we have received $6,375.00 in donations via
PayPal and a bank transfer, netting $6,231.52 after PayPal fees. This
morning I initiated a transfer of the PayPal balance of $4,731.52 to the
Wells Fargo account.

To date we have received $10,000 in pledges that will be paid by check.

Cash position
-------------------
As of the moment we have $24,851.86 in cash and $22,575.76 held by MOBIUS.
This does not yet account for any payment that MOBIUS may have made to the
Lowes upon sending the venue cancellation notification.

G Suite
-------------------
Now that we have a G Suite account, I would like the board to consider
establishing a policy for issuing email accounts. I will circulate a full
proposal shortly, but what I have in mind boils down to:

- evegreen-ils.org accounts can be given to individuals for the purpose of
furthering TEP and Evergreen project (lowercase-p) business. Eligible
individuals include TEP/EOB officers and members, committee and IG members,
and project volunteers.
- Users of evergreen-ils.org email accounts must agree to follow the Code
of Conduct for their use of these accounts
- Users of evergreen-ils.org email addresses who are paid by their
employers to do work on or for the Evergreen Project should exercise
discretion when picking which email address to use to send a message.
- Such email accounts should not be used as an individual's primary
personal email account, and personal use of such accounts should be
incidental and reasonable.
- Possession of an individual evergreen-ils.org email address is explicitly
not to be construed as a personal benefit or sign of special status.

Another implication of having our own G Suite is that we're now in a
position where ownership official TEP Google documents could be transferred
to evergreen-ils.org.

Regards,

Galen
--