[Board] Amazon Smile

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Oct 15 17:25:32 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 5:14 PM Jessica Woolford <jwoolford at biblio.org>
wrote:

> Only problem is I couldn't find us in their database, even by EIN. FAQ
> says they use GuideStar. We can sign up for a free profile with that
> organization here: https://learn.guidestar.org/update-nonprofit-report

As it happens, earlier this afternoon I initiated the process of
registering ourselves with GuideStar and will advise the board as it
progresses.  It looks like we should be able to get Bronze status and maybe
Silver pretty quickly.

The IRS is several months backlogged updating their master list of
nonprofit organizations, so it will take us a while to show up
automatically in the various databases and services.

Generally speaking, I do think it should be just board officers who sign
the project up for accounts and services that directly or indirectly touch
money or our nonprofit status. Where possible, I'm attempting to keep
relevant financial services accounts under a login of
treasurer at evergreen-ils.org that's meant to be transportable whenever
there's a transition in that position.

Regards,

Galen