[Eg-newdevs] z39.50 interface bug

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Apr 6 08:03:48 EDT 2021

In our setup, the 001 is the record ID and not the TCN.

When we import a record from OCLC, their 001 becomes our TCN and an 035 is
generated with the OCLC TCN, minus the prefix. Our TCN is the OCLC TCN with
a prefix (on, ocm, ocn). I am not sure where the TCN with the prefix is
stored since it isn't in the MARC bib record. It was at one time but at
some point the prefix stopped being added to the 035

J. Elaine Hardy, PINES and Collaborative Projects Manager

Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd., Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7128 | ehardy at georgialibraries.org

(404) 548-4241 | Cell

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.