[Eg-newdevs] get_tcn function scope

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Thu Jun 17 17:44:02 EDT 2021

Ack, hit send before I was done. I am getting the correct value in the
console with this part, but it's not letting me grab that value from

    $scope.overlay_record = function() {
        var items = $scope.gridControls.selectedItems();
        var overlay_target = $scope.local_overlay_target;
        *var overlay_target_tcn = $scope.local_overlay_target_tcn;  <--this
part works and I can display it in the popup*
        var live_overlay_target =
egCore.hatch.getLocalItem('eg.cat.marked_overlay_record') || 0;

*get_tcn(live_overlay_target).then(function(rec) {
$scope.live_overlay_target_tcn = rec.tcn_value();
console.log('LIVE TCN: ' + $scope.live_overlay_target_tcn); <--this grabs
correct tcn            });*

But if I try to grab $scope.live_overlay_target_tcn for the popup then it
says it's undefined. :(

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.