[Eg-newdevs] I'm stuck!

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Wed Jun 29 11:51:40 EDT 2022

Hi all,

I've been going in circles on what seems like it should be a really easy
change - I'm just trying to add a Balance Owed column to User Buckets. This
is mapped user (au) -> money_summary (mus) -> balance_owed

The relevant template is at /templates/staff/circ/patron/bucket/t_view.tt2
and I've added a new grid field with path="money_summary.balance_owed"

But then the problem comes to fleshing out that field data and I'm hindered
by the fact that I am not actually sure which file I should even be working
in. These are the three main things that I've tried:

*1. /OpenILS/Application/Actor/Container.pm * -  First I tried adding to
the sub _bucket_flesh section. It appears to be fleshing out 'notes' data,
but that is confusing to me because Container.pm is used by all of the
different bucket types and not all of the types of buckets have a notes
field. I tried various ways to add fleshing for user buckets here (if this
is a user bucket, then flesh out the money_summary data...) but got
nowhere.

*2. /js/ui/default/staff/services/user-bucket.js * -  Second, I tried
adding fleshing into the service.fetchbucket section.

*3. * */js/ui/default/staff/services/user-bucket.js * *- *Third, I noticed
over on /js/ui/default/staff/cat/bucket/copy/app.js that there is
"service.fetchRecentInventoryData" that is fleshing additional data, so I
thought I'd try copying that type of thing into user-bucket.js like that
one does.

With all of my attempts, I have no idea if I'm failing because my syntax is
wrong or because I'm completely off-base and working in the wrong part of
the wrong file.

If any of you can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate
it!

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.