[Eg-newdevs] Does anybody else have a 3.10 server up? (Need help checking something)

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Tue Feb 7 12:31:05 EST 2023

So we're seeing this weird redirect problem on all of our PINES 3.10
servers (production and test) and before I create a bug report I'm trying
to verify whether it is something that broke in 3.10 or if it's something
local to PINES.

To recreate on a 3.10 server:
1. Go to https://terran-master.gapines.org/eg/staff and log in (admin /
demo123) and set up a workstation. Log back out.
2. Go to https://terran-master.gapines.org/eg2/en-US/staff/splash  (this is
the pattern of the URL path that a lot of library staff have bookmarked or
set as their home page because they log in first and then save the link).
3. Note that the URL changes to
https://terran-master.gapines.org/eg2/en-US/staff/login?routeTo=%2Feg2%2Fen-US%2Fstaff%2Flogin%3FrouteTo%3D%252Feg2%252Fen-US%252Fstaff%252Fsplash

4. Log in (admin / demo123)
5. The URL goes to https://gapines.org/eg2/en-US/  which results in a blank
page.

If you have a 3.10 server, are you able to recreate this problem as well?

I have tried it on a 3.8 and 3.9 server and am not seeing the problem. For
instance, if you follow these steps with https://demo.evergreencatalog.com
(3.9) then on step 3 the URL changes (properly) to
https://demo.evergreencatalog.com/eg2/en-US/staff/login and everything is
happy.

Thanks,
Terran

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.