[Eg-newdevs] Possible topic for a newdevs meeting

Stephanie Leary stephanie.leary at equinoxoli.org
Wed May 3 14:17:08 EDT 2023

Yes, please! I don’t know nearly as much about this as I would like to.

Jane, I vaguely remember that you did a quick walkthrough of Nightwatch
last fall—was that for the Hackfest? I’ve been meaning to back and see
whether that was recorded.

Stephanie

On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 1:05 PM Jane Sandberg via Eg-newdevs <
eg-newdevs at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Hi Evergreeners,
>
> I've been using test-driven development
> <https://sandimetz.com/99bottles-sample-js#_understanding_testing> more
> and more lately, including when working on Evergreen's Angular client.  I
> like how the QA work of writing automated tests is baked into the process,
> and how it can keep me focused when approaching a large problem.
>
> Would this topic be of interest for a newdevs meeting?  I could walk
> through how one might use test-driven development to approach building a
> small angular feature <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1754364>,
> and share some tricks for working with angular's unit testing framework.
>
> Thanks for considering,
>
>   -Jane

Stephanie Leary
Front End Developer