[Eg-oversight-board] Oversight Board Meeting for Nov. 15th

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Nov 15 10:53:47 EST 2011

Hi folks:

For the Evergreen Oversight Board meeting today, might I suggest a few
possible agenda items:

1. Bradley and Tony from the SFC to discuss with us the proposed trademark
   policy (see email with subject "proposed trademark policy for Evergreen
   project" sent Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM)

2. Quick update on the Evergreen Conference 2012 while Bradley is on the
   line:
     * Platform (EventBrite) has been chosen and is working
     * Hotel reservations don't seem to be available until January 1,
       2012?
     * Keynote speakers (per Elizabeth's recently forwarded email)

3. Determine who is going to put together a proposal for Oversight Board
   elections, one of the only action items that we are absolutely bound to
   complete by the Evergreen Conference 2012 (per article 2.10 of the
   Rules of Governance - see below for the transcript). Questions that need
   to be answered may include:
     * Who gets to vote?
     * How does voting happen?
     * Are we voting just for Board members, and then the Board decides
       positions, or are we voting for Board members & positions at the
       same time?

4. Conflict of interest / ethics / principle policy (Stephen Wills) - per
   http://list.evergreen-ils.org/pipermail/eg-oversight-board/2011-November/000027.html
     * (Dan thought: Perhaps the Conservancy already has a policy that
        we can piggy-back on?)

Also, if we could get the call-in info soon that would be helpful :)

Also, minutes of our previous meeting are at
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=governance:minutes:2011-10-04
- the October 18th meeting was cancelled.

Dan Scott

1) 2.10 Transition to General Rules of Governance and General Elections

By the end of the 2012 Evergreen International Conference or 30 April
2012, whichever comes sooner, the Board will have
promulgated rules of governance for this Board and the Evergreen Project
to be presented for approval by the general membership
of the Evergreen Project during the conference. At that same time, the
board will designate at least 1/3 of its seats to be filled by
general election at the 2012 conference. The board will also hold new
elections for the board officers at that time.