[Eg-oversight-board] Oversight Board Nominees

McKinney, Elizabeth emckinney at georgialibraries.org
Sun Apr 22 10:30:14 EDT 2012

Oversight Board Members,

This is the roster of nominees for the Oversight Board so far: Ben Hyman, SITKA; Rogan Hamby, SCLENDS; Kathy Lussier, MassLNC.  We have biographies for Rogan and Kathy.  We do not yet have one for Ben.

We have three positions and three nominees.  In addition to the call for nominees on the list Jim and I had previously contacted several folks directly. That isn't going to make for much of an election.  Thoughts or ideas?

Nomination: Rogan Hamby

I've been active in the Evergreen community for three years. I helped
found the South Carolina evergreen consortium, SC LENDS and until
recently acted as it's Director and Director of IT & Innovation at the
South Carolina State Library.  I've now taken a position at an
Evergreen library in public services, looking at how technology can be
used to move public services forward.  I'm an active writer and
presenter in the Evergreen community.  I've written one article on
Evergreen in South Carolina published last year in Computers in
Libraries and I have two more articles - one a statistical analysis of
consortial effects on holds and circulation and another about MARC
deduplication in consortiums scheduled for publication this year.

Kathy Lussier

Biography
---------

Kathy Lussier has held a number of positions in Massachusetts library
systems involving technology and increasing levels of responsibility,
including several years as Assistant Library Director at Brockton
Public Library and 8 years as Assistant Administrator for Technology for
the Southeastern Massachusetts Library System.

Since 2010, she has held the position of Project Coordinator for
Massachusetts Library Network Cooperative (MassLNC), leading the project
for three Massachusetts library networks to develop and implement the
Evergreen Integrated Library System.

Connection to the Evergreen community
-------------------------------------

"Kathy is well-known to many parts of the Evergreen community.

She has recently helped coordinate development efforts on multiple
levels - setting mutually agreed developer meeting times by running
Doodle polls, opening bugs based on MassLNC's ongoing testing of
development releases of Evergreen, and issuing public RFPs for Evergreen
enhancements through the MassLNC Development Site
(http://masslnc.cwmars.org/). Since April 2011, she has been the 11th
most prolific participant in the Evergreen developer's mailing list:
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.georgialibraries.list.open-ils-dev+date%3A201104-201204

In addition, she has been active in DIG, adding and reviewing new
documentation, and calling for contributions for known gaps in the docs.
Since April 2011, she has been the 10th most prolific participant in the
Evergreen DIG mailing list:
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.georgialibraries.list.open-ils-documentation+date%3A201104-201204

Kathy has also contributed significantly on the Evergreen general
mailing list as the 9th most prolific participant since April 2011:
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.georgialibraries.list.open-ils-general+date%3A201104-201204,
as well as participating in Community IRC meetings and sharing her
knowledge and experience at conferences. At the 2012 Evergreen
Conference, Kathy is participating in 3 separate presentations.

I should note that while sheer quantity of messages to a mailing list is
in itself not an indicator of any contribution of value to the
community, if one peruses the content of Kathy's posts you will find
that she is consistently helpful and respectful to others, expresses
herself clearly, has a solid understanding of Evergreen, and generally
exhibits model open source community behavour. I believe that those
same organizational and communication skills would be a strong asset
to the Board and correspondingly to the Evergreen project as a whole."

Elizabeth McKinney
PINES Program Director
Georgia Public Library Service
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta GA 30345
404.235.7141
emckinney at georgialibraries.org