[Eg-oversight-board] Oversight Board Nominees

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Apr 22 16:54:09 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 10:30:14AM -0400, McKinney, Elizabeth wrote:
> Oversight Board Members,
>
> This is the roster of nominees for the Oversight Board so far: Ben
> Hyman, SITKA; Rogan Hamby, SCLENDS; Kathy Lussier, MassLNC.  We have
> biographies for Rogan and Kathy.  We do not yet have one for Ben.
>
> We have three positions and three nominees.  In addition to the call
> for nominees on the list Jim and I had previously contacted several
> folks directly. That isn't going to make for much of an election.
>
> Thoughts or ideas?

Hi Elizabeth:

I'm not too surprised by the limited number of responses - there were
only three and a half days (or thereabouts) between the call for
nominations and the deadline, so not much time for people to decide
whether to throw their hat in the ring. Many of the people who would
be either nominated or nominating are also likely to have been busy
trying to prep for their participation in the Evergreen conference next
week. (I know I'm scrambling to put the polishing touches on a number of
presentations & other activities!)

A takeaway is that we need to set & advertise the date for nominations
well in advance next year. This being the first run through the process
for us, I suspect the membership will give us the benefit of the doubt
given that there is plenty to learn.

And - given that we actually got three candidates for three positions in
that short span of time, I think we should be happy with the results -
and I would not be in favour of reopening nominations. Acclamations
happen in plenty of organizations.

If we do go with the current slate of nominess, I will certainly be
pleased to serve with them!

Dan Scott