[Eg-oversight-board] Today's Board meeting - Meeting Postponed; please see NOTE

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Feb 21 14:22:55 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:28:13AM -0500, McKinney, Elizabeth wrote:
> We will not have a majority attending the meeting, so I think it wise
> to postpone.   I will propose alternate meeting dates a bit later.
>
> PLEASE NOTE that Bradley has asked us to vote on an issue today.
> Please see his email from 10:40am titled "Suggested motion for GPLS
> Enforcement for Evergreen Oversight Board".

A quick note - Bradley pinged me on IRC to say that he would just like
this item to be on the agenda for the next meeting, whenever that is, so
no hurry. Of course, if we want to read up and discuss in the mean time,
that's probably not a bad idea!

The discussion on Linux Weekly News [1, 2] from late January around Matthew
Garrett's blog post about the effort to write a permissively licensed
variant of BusyBox as a means of avoiding GPL enforcement [3] offers
some context to understanding some of the SFC's interest in
shoring up support around GPL enforcement, I think... of course, we want
to focus on the particulars of the proferred enforcement agreement.

1. http://lwn.net/Articles/478308/
2. http://lwn.net/Articles/478249/
3. http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/10437.html