[Eg-oversight-board] Next Evergreen Oversight Board meeting

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed May 9 11:31:26 EDT 2012

Hi all:

Right now the next EOB meeting is scheduled for May 15, 13:00-14:00
Eastern time. For once I don't have a reference shift scheduled -- but
instead I'll be at the PostgreSQL conference at that time and
thus won't be able to make it (again).

In any case: I think there are a few things we need to get on the
agenda for the next meeting. We can discuss via the list in advance and
brainstorm other agenda items, too...

1. Ben Hyman asked for the Board to discuss the idea of a "strategic
   investment fund" on May 4th, so we should probably do that :)

2. The Board approved the EG2013 budget on January 31[a]. Did this
   constitute Board recognition of an EG2013 committee per the
   "Ad-Hoc Event Committee" amendment to the Rules of Governance that
   we passed on January 17th[b]? If not, then I would like to ensure
   that this does happen, with the proviso that the Board be informed
   about who constitutes the committee, with Ben as our Board link.

   2.(a). I note in passing that I have _not_ updated the Rules of
   Governance to include that amendment, and will address that oversight
   now.

3. Continuing EG2013 thoughts, Will someone also be playing the same
   role that Shauna did for EG2012 in terms of close coordination with
   the Conservancy on financial details? Are there any lessons learned
   from EG2012 (around IRS rules or unexpected chargebacks) that we
   might be able to codify for EG2013 and future conferences?

4. I think we had agreed in principle that Board Officers would serve
   one-year terms and therefore should be electing Board Officers at
   this meeting, despite the actual definition of Board Officer terms in
   the current Rules of Governance (hmm, another potential amendment to
   make), so we'll need nominees for the various positions (Chairperson,
   Vice Chairperson, and Secretary, per [c])

a. http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=governance:minutes:2012-01-31
b. http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=governance:minutes:2012-01-17
c. http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/governance/rules-of-governance.html#_officers

Dan