[Eg-oversight-board] Next Evergreen Oversight Board meeting

Ben Hyman ben.hyman at bc.libraries.coop
Wed May 9 11:56:30 EDT 2012

Thanks Dan,

On 2012-05-09, at 8:31 AM, Dan Scott wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> Right now the next EOB meeting is scheduled for May 15, 13:00-14:00
> Eastern time. For once I don't have a reference shift scheduled -- but
> instead I'll be at the PostgreSQL conference at that time and
> thus won't be able to make it (again).
>
> In any case: I think there are a few things we need to get on the
> agenda for the next meeting. We can discuss via the list in advance and
> brainstorm other agenda items, too...
>
> 1. Ben Hyman asked for the Board to discuss the idea of a "strategic
>   investment fund" on May 4th, so we should probably do that :)
Great - thanks

> 2. The Board approved the EG2013 budget on January 31[a].
Revised budget sent 27 April for approval, reflective of EG12 input and change to SFC % of revenue. Ideally, the board can approve the budget and leave scope for local planning team adjustments within the approved revenue & expenditure totals.
> Did this constitute Board recognition of an EG2013 committee per the
>   "Ad-Hoc Event Committee" amendment to the Rules of Governance that
>   we passed on January 17th[b]? If not, then I would like to ensure
>   that this does happen, with the proviso that the Board be informed
>   about who constitutes the committee, with Ben as our Board link.
Organizing Committee is listed here - scroll down: http://eg2013.evergreen-ils.org/
Val Brandt-Ita of KCLS and myself are the liaisons to our respective organizations, and I'm the liaison with SFC/this Board.

Also attached here - a thread between Bradley and I WRT the role of SFC vis a vis the local planning team vis a vis the Oversight Board.
Note, in particular, that Bradley felt the Board should weigh in on this piece not just for EG13, but for all future years.

>   2.(a). I note in passing that I have _not_ updated the Rules of
>   Governance to include that amendment, and will address that oversight
>   now.
>
> 3. Continuing EG2013 thoughts, Will someone also be playing the same
>   role that Shauna did for EG2012 in terms of close coordination with
>   the Conservancy on financial details? Are there any lessons learned
>   from EG2012 (around IRS rules or unexpected chargebacks) that we
>   might be able to codify for EG2013 and future conferences?

Yes. The EG13 team is considering the advice of SFC WRT cancellation and registration policy in particular,  such that the volume of financial adjustments is really manageable.