[Eg-oversight-board] Mailing list policy: read/write for all?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed May 16 10:18:19 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 05/16/2012 10:01 AM, McKinney, Elizabeth wrote:
> Do you have any thoughts on filtering at all or is it okay to let
> anyone/everyone subscribe, including potential spammers. Some email
> addresses like geneva_2sexy at yahoo.com could go either way.

While I think it would be a good guess that an email like that does not
belong to somebody who is actually interested in Evergreen governance,
in some cases there's also no accounting for taste.  Regardless, there
are various technical solutions that are available for doing spam
filtering, and if spam becomes an actual problem for this particular
list, we should employ those first.

As I mentioned in my previous email, I have every faith in Chris'
judgment regarding routine maintenance and removing spammers, but if his
time is limited, I'm sure there are several folks in the community who
would be willing to help out with routine list maintenance.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton