[Eg-oversight-board] Doc Licensing incompatibilities with FLOSS Manuals (was Re: Oversight Board meeting - Wednesday 10/17, 12:00-13:00 EDT)

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Oct 18 10:55:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Bradley M. Kuhn
<bkuhn at sfconservancy.org> wrote:
> FWIW, I've known the FLOSS Manuals folks for many years -- they do good
> work and they're generally aware that their choice of GPL, rather than a
> dual (GPL|CC-By-SA) license causes troubles like this.  They are
> likely aware of the issues and should be able to help anyone
> participating to do the right thing.

I've also started asking around directly -- Dan's making a very
reasonable assumption that the involvement of the FLOSS Manuals
project implies that the GPL would be the default license, but the Doc
Sprint's information page and registration form is completely silent
on licensing matters.

Regards,

Galen
--