[Eg-oversight-board] Agenda for Evergreen Oversight Board Meeting, April 12, 2013

rogan at roganhamby.com rogan at roganhamby.com
Thu Apr 11 16:52:01 EDT 2013

>- funding QA and project infrastructure work
>- strategic development for existing Evergreen users (e.g., performance)
>- strategic development for expanding Evergreen's appeal to new libraries
>- expanding the coverage of Evergreen's documentation

+1, +1, +1, +1

Frankly, these are such obvious goals to me that I don't understand why we hadn't started already (and I have been on record saying we should).

>Questions for us to think about, and hopefully start finding answers
>to, include:
>
>- Should the EOB take a more active role in providing a vision for the project?
>- How can we better get input from the broader Evergreen community?

To me these are intertwined.  I'm vigorously in favor of the EOB taking a more active role and I think we are elected to share our perspectives and opinions.  But .... (and of course there is a but) ... I think primarily our goal is not to set direction ourselves as seek to gather input from the community and reflect the direction the community wants to go within reason (e.g. if for some reason feedback heavily said that we should licence Star Wars characters from Disney to include in the TPAC ... I'm OK with saying something went wrong with the process).

>- What are the one or two top big projects that the EOB should take on
>for the upcoming year?
>- How can the EOB obtain or organize funding for those projects?

I've got a list.  I know Kathy does too (though I don't want to speak for her).