[Eg-oversight-board] Agenda for Evergreen Oversight Board Meeting, April 12, 2013

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Apr 11 14:51:06 EDT 2013

Hi,

As a reminder, the next EOB meeting is scheduled for tomorrow, 12
April 2013, at 8:00 a.m. PDT at the Evergreen conference.  It will be
held in room 480 at the Wosk Centre.

Remote participants can dial in at:

Dial-in Phone Numbers: 1-877-385-4099 Toll Free (Canada & USA)
Participant Access code: 6428694 #

Here is the agenda. Since we have a limited amount of time, I've
omitted routine items that can be handled over email, and I've noted
time limits for each item.

* Introductions and welcome for incoming board members (5 minutes)

* Evergreen Conference 2014 budget discussion and vote (10 minutes)

Kathy Lussier and Amy Terlaga have submitted a budget for EOB
approval.  I've attached the version they sent on 8 April for
reference.

* Technical motions (5 minutes)

We have some housekeeping to do with the rules of governance, in
particular to exactly define the terms of EOB members.  I'm working on
the details with help from Elizabeth, and will email the motion later
this afternoon or evening.

* EOB goals and projects for 2013-2014 (25 minutes)

There have been a number of discussions among board members and on the
list about long-term goals for the EOB and ways that we can further
promote improvements to Evergreen.  Topics that have been discussed
include (but are not limited to):

- funding QA and project infrastructure work
- strategic development for existing Evergreen users (e.g., performance)
- strategic development for expanding Evergreen's appeal to new libraries
- expanding the coverage of Evergreen's documentation

Questions for us to think about, and hopefully start finding answers
to, include:

- Should the EOB take a more active role in providing a vision for the project?
- How can we better get input from the broader Evergreen community?
- What are the one or two top big projects that the EOB should take on
for the upcoming year?
- How can the EOB obtain or organize funding for those projects?

* Finalizing plans for the EOB update to the community (5 minutes)

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton