[Eg-oversight-board] Motion: change rules of governance to clarify Board terms

Steve Wills swills at beyond-print.com
Fri Apr 12 07:03:07 EDT 2013

+1 - Steve Wills

-----Original Message-----
From: Galen Charlton [mailto:gmc at esilibrary.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 07:26 PM
To: eg-oversight-board at list.evergreen-ils.org
Subject: [Eg-oversight-board] Motion: change rules of governance to clarify	Board terms

Hi,This is the technical motion I mentioned earlier today. I move thatwe change the rules of governance to clarify when Board member termsbegin and end. Specifically,[1] Change section 2.3 to"The Board shall consist of eleven members."[2] Add a section 2.4 containing"2.4. Terma. The term of each Board member is three years.b. At the end of the Evergreen Conference for a calendar year, theterm of outgoing Board members will end and the term of incoming Boardmembers will begin. If no Evergreen Conference is held during acalendar year, terms will begin and end at midnight EDT on April 30.c. One-third of the Board positions shall be open for election eachyear. To implement this, each Board seat shall be designated a memberof a cohort labeled "A", "B", or "C". Appendix A lists the cohort andnext election date for Board members as of 12 April 2013."[3] Replace the original Appendix A (which listed the original Boardmembers) with a table listing the election cohort of the current boardseats.I have attached a PDF of the rules of governance as revised by thisproposal. A diff of the changes can be found athttp://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=contrib/governance.git;a=commitdiff;h=ae74cc9220161599f8031554b7519206eb3cc639Regards,Galen--Galen CharltonManager of ImplementationEquinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Expertsemail: gmc at esilibrary.comdirect: +1 770-709-5581cell: +1 404-984-4366skype: gmcharltweb: http://www.esilibrary.com/Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &http://evergreen-ils.org