[Eg-oversight-board] Motion: change rules of governance to clarify Board terms

Corridan, Jim (ICPR) jcorridan at icpr.IN.gov
Fri Apr 12 07:44:50 EDT 2013

+1

Jim

From: eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org [mailto:eg-oversight-board-bounces at list.evergreen-ils.org] On Behalf Of Steve Wills
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 7:03 AM
To: Galen Charlton; eg-oversight-board at list.evergreen-ils.org
Subject: Re: [Eg-oversight-board] Motion: change rules of governance to clarify Board terms

+1 - Steve Wills

-----Original Message-----
From: Galen Charlton [mailto:gmc at esilibrary.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 07:26 PM
To: eg-oversight-board at list.evergreen-ils.org<mailto:eg-oversight-board at list.evergreen-ils.org>

Hi, This is the technical motion I mentioned earlier today. I move that we change the rules of governance to clarify when Board member terms begin and end. Specifically, [1] Change section 2.3 to "The Board shall consist of eleven members." [2] Add a section 2.4 containing "2.4. Term a. The term of each Board member is three years. b. At the end of the Evergreen Conference for a calendar year, the term of outgoing Board members will end and the term of incoming Board members will begin. If no Evergreen Conference is held during a calendar year, terms will begin and end at midnight EDT on April 30. c. One-third of the Board positions shall be open for election each year. To implement this, each Board seat shall be designated a member of a cohort labeled "A", "B", or "C". Appendix A lists the cohort and next election date for Board members as of 12 April 2013." [3] Replace the original Appendix A (which listed the original Board members) with a table listing the election cohort of the current board seats. I have attached a PDF of the rules of governance as revised by this proposal. A diff of the changes can be found at http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=contrib/governance.git;a=commitdiff;h=ae74cc9220161599f8031554b7519206eb3cc639 Regards, Galen -- Galen Charlton Manager of Implementation Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts email: gmc at esilibrary.com<mailto:gmc at esilibrary.com> direct: +1 770-709-5581 cell: +1 404-984-4366 skype: gmcharlt web: http://www.esilibrary.com/ Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org & http://evergreen-ils.org