[Eg-oversight-board] next meeting agenda

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 16:44:08 EST 2013

I have two items for the agenda of the upcoming meeting.

1) Approve the Merchandising Committee.  The volunteers consist of myself,
Melissa Ceraso from Bibliomation, Rose Schooff from LVA and Ruth Frasur
from Hagerstown-Jefferson Township Library.

2) I would like to have a discussion about changing the name of the
Oversight Board to reflect our goals and role in the community.  I know
that we were created to be a body in charge of our trademarks and copyright
and I think that is important.  But I also want us to embrace the potential
we have seen this year for being facilitators in the community.  However, a
name like "Oversight Board" can too easily be misinterpreted to mean "in
charge of Evergreen" rather than serve a role with facilitating,
organizing, gathering resources, etc...

I don't want to have an action associated with this but want to gather
thoughts and feedback from the board.  If this discussion is productive
over the next few months I would envision going to the wider community for
feedback as well.