[Eg-oversight-board] Evergreen trademark policy

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Feb 11 20:14:33 EST 2013

Hi,

In regards to to the exchange that Lori had with Tony Sebro, I would
like to offer a couple points of clarification.

First, the previous GPLS trademark policy located at
http://www.georgialibraries.org/lib/pines/evergreenlogo/ does not
apply now that the trademark is in the hands of the SFC and the
Oversight Board has approved a trademark policy.  In fact, I see no
reason for that GPLS web page to remain up; and will ask Tony to
request that it be taken down.

Second: we have, in fact, approved a trademark policy after lengthy
discussion.  I'm a little confused why the GPLS policy is being
discussed again; but if there are concerns about the approved policy
as it stands now, please bring those up at the Oversight Board meeting
this Wednesday.

Finally, following Tony's suggest about making master version of the
logo available as an SVG file, I've used the open source program
Scribus [1] to convert the EPS to SVG.  I've attached it to this
email; it looks OK to me, but then again, I'm not a graphics expert.

[1] http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

Regards,

Galen
--