[Eg-oversight-board] Evergreen T-Shirts, anyone?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Feb 12 12:43:55 EST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Ben Hyman <ben.hyman at bc.libraries.coop> wrote:
> Canada has t-shirt stores too :)
>
> Why wouldn't we buy here for the conference to avoid all the duties etc?

I think it's worth exploring.

> If this is an option, maybe you and I could chat offline Amy? Also, we hadn't planned on a merchandise booth or staffing for merch at the conference.
> One option might be to ask for orders in advance only, so that folks can pickup merch upon registration. This would avoid cash handling etc, which may get funky re: exchange rates, re: SFC, etc.

Asking for advance orders is a good idea in general, particularly if
we find out that demand is higher than expected.

It sounds like from Amy's email that the SFC is willing to set up a
web page to handle checkout.  I can certainly see that avoiding
handling cash on site would be nice, but perhaps we could still handle
cards?

Regards,

Galen
--