[Eg-oversight-board] Web Team Report

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Wed Jan 9 12:09:00 EST 2013

Stephen Wills has made a proposal for getting the bulk of the content from
the old site into the new site.  He suggested writing an extraction tool
that will parse the checked in PHP and produce raw Drupal nodes in XML
format that we can batch load into the demo.  He uses similar techniques to
move content around the Computerworld and sister sites at his place of
work. Using this technique will eliminate the initial need  for developing
more content target lists and whipping up the volunteers to cut and paste
that content onto the site.

Once that is done, hopefully by next month, the Web Team can take another
look at the site and see what is still skin and bone and put out a call for
help in specific content sections.

If we can accomplish this Goal, we will still have two months in which to
pull together a presentation for the conference.

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
Availability:  http://doodle.com/loriayre

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source software solutions,
RFID, filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling