[Eg-oversight-board] Swag!

Corridan, Jim (ICPR) jcorridan at icpr.IN.gov
Thu Jan 24 09:49:58 EST 2013

I would tend to agree with Dan.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Scott [mailto:dan at coffeecode.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:49 AM
To: Kathy Lussier
Cc: Lori Bowen Ayre; Galen Charlton; eg-oversight-board at list.evergreen-ils.org; <evergreen at sfconservancy.org>
Subject: Re: [Eg-oversight-board] Swag!

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 09:48:50AM -0500, Kathy Lussier wrote:
> Hi Lori,
>
> I wasn't a member of the Board when the idea to redesign the logo
> was first raised and only came in at the tail end of the discussion
> when some logos were passed around at the meeting in Indianapolis.
> Could somebody give me some background on why we were considering a
> new logo? I've been involved in re-branding efforts before, but
> they've typically happened when a logo has become dated, stale, or
> sometimes just plain ugly. I've always found the current logo to be
> clean,simple, and effective at identifying the Evergreen product.
>
> I'm not necessarily opposed to change, but just curious about the
> previous discussions I missed. I'm also hoping a logo redesign
> doesn't delay any efforts to have some swag available in time for
> this year's conference. I'm anxious to buy all sorts of Evergreen
> stuff for the family! :)

Thanks for raising this, Kathy. For what it's worth, I am opposed to
change when it comes to changing a brand that has been established over
more than 6 years, unless there's a really good reason for it (for
example, if the logo is offensive to some cultural group, or of
questionable copyright status). And I'm not sure that such a reason has
been expressed to date.