[Eg-oversight-board] merchandise proposal

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 22:47:09 EDT 2013

None of this will surprise anyone as I've been laying the ground work for
this but I wanted to spell it out before tomorrow.  If I have time I will
post complete mockups for the zazzle store and lists of items for the
amazon store before the meeting tomorrow.  I meant to pull all that
together tonight but fell into a rabbit hole of trying to figure out how to
connect to a new server before realizing I had an old rsa value stored for
a reused domain name causing me grief that's why ssh was rejecting.  I
probably would have noticed it sooner if I wasn't trying to watch Agents of
Shield at the same time.

Anyway ....

In advance of the meeting tomorrow I have an update on the work done on the
merchandising front.

Both of these will require help from the Conservancy in setting up and both
would live on pages off the main evergreen-ils.org splash page under the
Merchandise header.  We can do this as quickly as we can coordinate with
the Conservancy.

The Amazon page would feature the open link and directed links of about a
dozen items recommended by the Evergreen community.  We would update this
periodically as appropriate materials are recommended.

The Zazzle store will support multiple products of different designs so we
will take advantage of that.  The initial offerings will include t-shirts,
a coffee mug and a sticker design.  If these are successful we will
introduce more.  The items will use the "made in the USA" option to ensure
they are ethically sourced.  All shirts would be in male and female cuts in
a wide variety of sizes.

t-shirt 1) a white t-shirt with the Evergreen logo and website link

t-shirt 2) a black IRC logo with the channel address and quote "I'm not a
cataloguer, but I know went ugh MARC to be fun at parties."

t-shirt 3) a green Evergreen migration/go live shirt with logo, address and
"Welcome to the Forest" in multiple languages

t-shirt 4) a white 2014 Conference t-shrt

Coffee Mug - a white coffee mug with the logo and website URL

Sticker 1)  a non-magnetic translucent sticker appropriate the for laptops
and other surfaces with the logo and web site

Sticker 2) a white magnetic backed sticker appropriate for cars, will have
logo and website and I'm going to try for some variant of "I heart my
Evergreen library"

I would look for input from the whole community on the designs before they
are put on the store.