[Eg-oversight-board] Evergreen community meetings

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Wed Apr 16 20:23:36 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Back in August when Yamil raised the question of ways to foster
community participation, I had raised the idea of returning to regular
community meetings in the IRC channel.  As I said in the original e-mail:

> It gets more people from the community in IRC at a time where
> they don't feel like they are disturbing others and it also gives everyone
> a chance to come up to speed with the things the different community
> groups are doing. In the past, I know there have been reports from the
> developers, DIG, the web team, etc.
At the time, the idea had received support from several Board members,
but I never followed up on the idea.

I would like to resurrect the idea and, if others are agreeable, try to
schedule a community meeting for May. Maybe we can try to schedule
something on a quarterly basis.

Thank you!
Kathy

--