[Eg-oversight-board] Proposed conference photography policy

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Wed May 7 08:48:48 EDT 2014

I don't mind recording preferences so long as we have controls as to who
sees it and we destroy the records afterwards.

With that said then it becomes a balancing act - the value of the
sponsorship versus the hassle of that.  And, the folks implementing the
conferences would be best suited to give us feedback on that.

A minor tangent - But, with that said I actually think being transparent
about controls of attendance records would be a good thing regardless of
what we do about the photography preferences.  We had a snafu with the list
of attendees being emailed out and I don't recall but were folks asked if
it was OK to be put on that list?  I assume we were but I don't actually
recall.  It's easy for me to forget about the privacy aspect of this as I
attend representing an organization and it's all very public but some might
not be and we need to be conscious of their privacy.

A secondary minor tangent - I think all speakers should agree to be
photographed so that folks can post to social media and the like.  I would
leave recording audio and video up to the individual speaker though and
require arrangement.