[Eg-oversight-board] Proposed conference photography policy

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed May 7 13:07:14 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't disagree that it's beyond possibility but I don't think its worth
> expending effort for every possibility either.

I disagree.  There's a comment thread [1] on geekfeminism.org where a
number of folks, including one person who is a fairly well-known
speaker at library and archives conferences -- and indeed, somebody
who I could very easily see on lists of potential keynoters -- relate
incidents as to why they prefer not to be photographed.  I think it's
sufficient basis for us to be prepared to extend flexibility in the
speaker's agreement.

[1] http://geekfeminism.org/2011/04/22/harassing-photography-and-recording-collecting-your-experiences/

Regards,

Galen