[Eg-oversight-board] Agenda suggestion: Research if EG community can use OCLC records

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Tue May 13 14:48:42 EDT 2014

Rogan,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with your interpretation, but I am not a lawyer. I would consider writing to OCLC directly to see if the OCLC and the EG board could come up with an agreement to use OCLC records for the benefit of OCLC Evergreen users (and those that are not OCLC users). The OCLC information I linked to mentions that OCLC often work out agreements with "agents" to work with them directly. I think by some definitions of "agents", the EG community could qualify as an agent.

Thanks again,
Yamil