[Eg-oversight-board] Agenda suggestion: Research if EG community can use OCLC records

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed May 14 09:21:29 EDT 2014

The new policy does supersede the old, but I still feel the old provides important context.  The original version of the new policy was much more severe, and raised quite a stir, and the language we have now was meant to be a compromise to the many (myself included) who felt we were losing significant freedoms the old policy allowed.  Of course, in the process, the language became quite complicated, and I doubt even OCLC itself truly knows what is allowed and what is not (and hence their apparent unwillingness to give a straight answer).

Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst
Hekman Library, Calvin College