[Eg-oversight-board] Supplemental 2.7 RM update

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Thu Oct 16 15:45:03 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Apologies for missing most of the meeting today, I ended up with an
unavoidable conflict.

In any case, 2.7.0 was officially released last month on September 18,
2014.  We're expecting to cut the first maintenance release 2.7.1
later tonight/tomorrow.  A big thing that we'll be addressing in 2.7.1
is some bug fixes for updating the translations in Evergreen.  Special
thanks to the Czech libraries for helping to contribute their
translations to Evergreen and also reporting their bugs to the
community.

A request for proposals for the next release manager for what will
likely be called Evergreen 2.8 was sent out to the lists, see:
http://markmail.org/message/5cba3zdvshegq2fx

So far, no replies on the public lists, but I'm hopeful that we'll see
a candidate arise soon.  I expect this will be a critical discussion
topic at the next Evergreen developer meeting.

Thanks, will keep folks posted on Evergreen development efforts until
the next release manager arrives to deliver these reports.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum
Evergreen Systems Manager