[Eg-oversight-board] Action Item - Letter to Conservancy re: Accounting

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Tue Jun 23 09:51:18 EDT 2015

Chris et al,

Here's the text of what I'd like to know.  I've had a hard time framing in
it in a way that couldn't possibly be perceived as confrontational or
offensive, so please tear it apart and put it back together.

"To whom it may concern:

As a new member of the Evergreen Oversight Board, I am seeking
clarification on the accounting for the project.  After a reviewing the
financials before and during the most recent EOB meeting, some questions
arose in my mind.  My first question relates to how donations to the
Conservancy are accounted.  There is no visible line item that indicates
this amount.  My other question relates to what seem to be miscellaneous
expenses/incomes not having their own line item(s) in the ledger.  While
the numbers do seem to work out by assuming miscellaneous expense/income,
the actual financials, without that assumption, do not add up.  So, I guess
my questions both add up to transparency of the accounting for the
Evergreen project.  Right now, at least from my perspective, there is
somewhat of a “black box” right in the middle of it and an assumption that
“it just works.”  I’m hopeful that you can demystify what’s happening in
the black box."

--
Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township

Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>  and Stuff I've Read
<http://pinterest.com/hjtplibrary/ruth-reads/>