[Eg-oversight-board] Action Item - Letter to Conservancy re: Accounting

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Jun 23 10:20:22 EDT 2015

Hi Ruth,
> My first question relates to how donations to the Conservancy are
> accounted.
Are you asking here about the 10% administrative fee that the
Conservancy receives? If so, I wouldn't use the term 'donations' but
refer to it as an administrative fee. Or are you talking about donations
to the Evergreen project?

Also, related to donations, I just want to report back to the EOB that I
heard back from the Conservancy regarding Outreach donations. There was
an issue with the import script they use with PayPal, which is why we
aren't seeing any donations from June reflected in the ledger. Bradley
Kuhn from the Conservancy said he plans to address the issue with the
import script so that the donations can be added to the ledger.

Kathy

On 06/23/2015 09:51 AM, Ruth Frasur wrote:
> Chris et al,
>
> Here's the text of what I'd like to know.  I've had a hard time
> framing in it in a way that couldn't possibly be perceived as
> confrontational or offensive, so please tear it apart and put it back
> together.
>
> "To whom it may concern:
>
> As a new member of the Evergreen Oversight Board, I am seeking
> clarification on the accounting for the project. After a reviewing the
> financials before and during the most recent EOB meeting, some
> questions arose in my mind.  My first question relates to how
> donations to the Conservancy are accounted.  There is no visible line
> item that indicates this amount.  My other question relates to what
> seem to be miscellaneous expenses/incomes not having their own line
> item(s) in the ledger.  While the numbers do seem to work out by
> assuming miscellaneous expense/income, the actual financials, without
> that assumption, do not add up.  So, I guess my questions both add up
> to transparency of the accounting for the Evergreen project.  Right
> now, at least from my perspective, there is somewhat of a “black box”
> right in the middle of it and an assumption that “it just works.” I’m
> hopeful that you can demystify what’s happening in the black box."
>

> --
> Ruth Frasur
> Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township
> Library
> 10 W. College Street in Hagerstown, Indiana (47346)
> p (765) 489-5632; f (765) 489-5808
>
> Our Kickin' Website<http://hagerstownlibrary.org> Our Rockin' Facebook
> Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary> and Stuff I've Read
> <http://pinterest.com/hjtplibrary/ruth-reads/>