[Eg-oversight-board] Update on Outreach Committee

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri May 1 18:00:21 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm a little late in sending this out, but I promised I would keep the
EOB up to date on the work of the Outreach Committee. We met a couple of
weeks ago and the minutes from that meeting are available at
http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=outreach:meetings:2015-04-17.

The highlights from the meeting:

* We are working out details to get a booth ready for the upcoming ALA
conference in San Francisco.
* We discussed other conferences at which we want to exhibit during this
trial period. There was overall consensus that we should be at PLA next
year. We also think it would be good to be at ALA again, but will make
final decisions after seeing how our first trip to ALA goes.
* We plan to work with the Conservancy to set up a targeted fundraising
link for us so that we can raise funds for specifically for these exhibits.
* As a cost-free way to promote the Evergreen community, we also
discussed sending out regular press releases and creating an annual
report for the community. I volunteered to start us off by writing and
sensing a press release regarding our recent 2.8 release.

We plan to meet again Monday. I'll try to get out our notes before the
conference.

Feel free to let me know if you have any comments or questions!

Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator