[Eg-oversight-board] Conference budget

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri May 1 17:33:55 EDT 2015

Thank you for sharing an updated budget Buzzy. I find it helpful to see
exactly where we're at with the conference, even if the news isn't as
good as we would like.

For the shuttle, I'm in favor of going with a lower cost solution as
long as the process is as easy as possible for the attendees who were
planning to shuttle in on Wednesday and they aren't stuck dealing with
receipts that need to be submitted for reimbursement. Buzzy, I was just
looking at the sign-up and noticed that one time slot is busier than the
others. Would it be possible to offer the shuttle for just that time
slot on Wednesday at a lower rate or is there a minimum of eight hours?

Also, if somebody were able to secure a last-minute sponsor/exhibitor at
this stage, are we beyond the drop-dead date of being able to get an
acknowledgement into the program? Is there a possibility of adding an
insert? I don't know of anyone offhand, but I'm wondering just in case
somebody jumps out of the woodwork.

Thanks!
Kathy

On 04/30/2015 02:15 PM, Buzzy Nielsen wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've attached the current conference budget. Unfortunately, we
> currently are operating in the red. We did try to secure a last minute
> sponsor, but we felt that negotiating with the sponsor would have a
> long-term detrimental effect on Evergreen for future events. Current
> projections give about a $3,500 deficit. There are still some line
> items that likely will not cost as much as I've budgeted:
>
>   * Equipment rental: We're getting most tech donated.
>   * Unanticipated: Thus far, no unusual expenses have come up, but I'm
>     leaving this in case there are unanticipated expenses with the venue.
>   * Shuttle: Use of the Wednesday shuttle is so low that it actually
>     may be cheaper for us to just hire a couple of cabs to pick people
>     up. I'm looking into this option. Doing so would save us about $800.
>

> Please let me know if you have budget questions. I look forward to
> seeing you all in person at the conference.
>
> Cheers!
> Buzzy
>
> --

> Library Director