[Eg-oversight-board] Action required re: Evergreen Oversight Board Nomination

Ruth Frasur director at hagerstownlibrary.org
Tue May 5 15:09:51 EDT 2015

I am the director of the Hagerstown - Jefferson Township Library, a small,
rural library in east central Indiana and a member of the Evergreen Indiana
Consortium.  I began my library career in 2007 as an assistant at Union
County Public Library, one of the pilot libraries that migrated to
Evergreen 1.4 in 2008.  Because of my lack of experience in libraries at
that point, I had no concept of what life without an open source ILS was
like.  As the years have passed and I've moved into directing my own
Evergreen library, I've become more aware of and involved with the
community beyond Indiana that supports, develops, uses, and loves Evergreen
and the open source mentality.  I'm passionate about the success and health
of my home consortium, now nearly in my third and final year on the
Executive Committee for Evergreen Indiana.  As many know, I'm always
willing to have a conversation with librarians, software professionals, and
anyone else that will listen about Evergreen ILS, Evergreen Indiana, the
international community, etc.  One thing that I am most proud of, with
regard to my work on the executive committee, is suggesting and then seeing
the realization of regional roundtables in Indiana to allow front-line
library staff to participate more fully in our consortial community.  I am
also pleased that during my tenure, we worked toward and saw the beginning
of a membership fee schedule that will help contribute to the
sustainability of the Evergreen Indiana consortium.  We also participated
in the joint MVF development project with MassLNC.  Most recently, I've
spent my time and energy working to incorporate aspects of the Evergreen
ILS project into the OpenHatch.org FOSS education ecosphere.  There are a
lot of things I don't know.  But I know that Evergreen ILS has changed the
landscape of rural library service and use in Indiana in a dramatic and
exciting way.  I'm committed to doing my best to support and pitch in to
see that the software and the community surrounding it remains robust and
always better than expected.

Respectfully,

--
Ruth Frasur
Director of the Historic(ally Awesome) Hagerstown - Jefferson Township

Our Kickin' Website <http://hagerstownlibrary.org>  Our Rockin' Facebook
Page <http://facebook.com/hjtplibrary>  and Stuff I'm Reading
<http://pinterest.com/hjtplibrary/ruth-reads/>